Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturdays long run...

I am sitting in a hot tub writing this on my iPhone and what happens...my post won't send so I accidentally deleted it now I'm starting all over.

So ... Today was a busy day of client meetings, long runs & pizza. We are going to a birthday celebration in a few hours too!

I met with a client at 9 then we headed out for our long run. We chose to do it today since we may be too hungover in the morning to attempt a 15 mile run. For those who are new, Hubby & I are training for the Way Too Cool 50k in Cool, CA on march 12. This will be my first ultra marathon. I raced a full ironman triathlon in nov 2009 and am ready for the challenge.

We ran down HWY20 in Nevada city. Starting at Skillman campgrounds and ending in Nevada City. We staged our car in town and the drove up hwy20 and left the landcruiser at Skillman. We have mountain biked this route before and loved it.

We started above the snowlike and ran the first few miles in snow, ice and mud.

We stopes at mile 9 for a sandwich at the market and the finished the last 6 miles into town. The whole run took us 2.5 hours.

Since I'm on my phone I'll try & post photos.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You go girl. Sounds pretty awesome! My hubby and i are going to do the Rock & Roll Half Marathon in fall. It will be my first. I cqnt even imqgine doing a 50k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible! Sounds like a good but hard time! Best of luck to y'all!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...